img { max-width: 100%; height: auto; width: auto\9; /* ie8 */ }

Tags

After 10 years living in the UK/London, fine art graduate Yu'an has return to give Taiwan a better look. Sharing all the weird and wonderful happening/things on this amusement island, as she calls it. DIY spirit influenced by shallowism, Taiwan is a wonderful place born under the love of China, Japan and the USA.
Back to Yu'an image board or SOUSiOU the fashion blog.

Translate

Monday 29 October 2012

Halloween Taiwanese mama remix





Taiwanese, as a language it sounds like spanish a bit to me. It carries this natural comedy feel that you don't need to understand it to get it, at least my Hongkongese friend said so. I grow up with my grandma, who speaks the wittiest Taiwanese, she invents phrase and rhymes as she talk. There's 8 tones in Taiwanese whereas there's only 5 in Mandarin, you can imagine how much of a rapper my grandma could have been if had a chance to hang out in LA. 
Anyways, when I was sent to kindergarden, speaking Taiwanese was forbidden. It was because of the white terror time in taiwan, where martial law was practiced to prevent Taiwanese independence. Hence now, my Taiwanese is so poor that I can't even make jokes in it. I should upload my grandma talking at some point...

Translation (poorly)
mom walks in said: what tf are you doing, go take a shower quickly. Time to sleep soon. 
son: ok (in taiwanese too)
mom comes in again: What are you still doing, move your ass already (spank) what bloody game x many times, are you playing. Go shower NOW. 


No comments:

Post a Comment