img { max-width: 100%; height: auto; width: auto\9; /* ie8 */ }

Tags

After 10 years living in the UK/London, fine art graduate Yu'an has return to give Taiwan a better look. Sharing all the weird and wonderful happening/things on this amusement island, as she calls it. DIY spirit influenced by shallowism, Taiwan is a wonderful place born under the love of China, Japan and the USA.
Back to Yu'an image board or SOUSiOU the fashion blog.

Translate

Saturday 20 October 2012

Welcome to Taiwan

So I graduated, finally. I got kicked out of the UK because of the changing immigration law. It is not hard to imaging how lost an art graduate could be when she is asked to leave her comfort zone of being reckless. Like most of other foreign students, I went on a soul searching Euro trip with my parents money. After 2 months around Nice, Amsterdam and Berlin, losing my ex, bank cards , pride and self discipline, I found my self. Booked a flight with all the money I had left, I came home.
I am not joking about finding myself. I did. Or at least I have accepted myself. With the last strew on the camel in South Korea where I spent 20 hours transiting. I met a stranger, an ex boyfriend now someone-els's-husband-with-a-new-born-daughter and a booming artist / ex college senior.
Without telling anyone, it was the brand new Taoyuan airport welcoming me home. Grand. proud. Well done. (The problem of having no train connection from the airport to city center will soon be fixed. So do visit now, my dear foreign friend, get confused and experience the real Taiwan spirit before it's gone.)


No comments:

Post a Comment